Friday, December 19, 2008

Gordon's congratulations to Buescher pre-empts Ritter's announcement

State Sen. Ken Gordon (D-Denver), a finalist for Colorado Secretary of State, sent out an e-mail congratulating Bernie Buescher on being appointed Secretary of State nine minutes before Gov. Bill Ritter made his formal announcement.

In the e-mail, acquired by the Colorado Independent's Ernest Luning, Gordon said he thought Buescher would "do a good job" as Secretary of State.


According to the Independent, Gordon sent out the following e-mail at 9:22 a.m.:

Dear Friends and Neighbors:
There is a saying. I think it is Chinese. Maybe Zen. Not sure. It goes something like, House burns down, now I can see the sky. Or maybe another one works as well. When one door closes, another opens.
Anyway, the Governor picked Bernie Buescher to be the next Secretary of State. Bernie is a good guy. I think he will do a good job. I told him that I would do whatever I can to help him. It is an important job and the Secretary of State’s office can use some continuity, so he will need our help in 2010.
Thanks to all of you who supported me for the office. I appreciate it very much.
Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment