Sunday, December 14, 2008

Welcome to Mile High Politics!

Hi, and thanks for reading Mile High Politics!

The 2008 election might be over, but there're still a lot of political stories to cover in Colorado. As a quick look at this site's blogroll will tell you, Colorado already has an impressive community of political bloggers from both sides of the aisle. But I'd like to throw my hat into the ring as well.

My aim is for Mile High Politics to be a reliable, non-partisan blog on Colorado politics, policy, and government. I know many people who are skeptical of news coverage from blogs because they view them as amateur, agenda-driven publications. Certainly, there are many bloggers with agendas (and there's nothing wrong with that), but there are also an ever-increasing number of blogs that are just as responsible, objective, professional, and trustworthy as any newspaper or magazine. And as faltering newspapers cut their political coverage, I would argue there's an increasing demand for more blogs from the latter catagory.

So I figured I'd start this blog for that reason, and also because Colorado politics is extremely interesting and damn fun to cover. Hopefully you'll find this blog as entertaining to read as it is for me to write.


Again, thanks so much for reading and feel free to contact me anytime at jeremypelzer[at]gmail.com.


Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment