Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Suthers, Eid interested in 2010 Senate run

Colorado Attorney General John Suthers and outgoing U.S attorney for Colorado Troy Eid have both expressed an interest in the GOP U.S. Senate nomination in 2010, according to the Denver Post.

Suthers' term of office as AG ends in 2010; Eid will almost certainly be replaced as U.S. attorney by the incoming Obama administration.

Suthers expressed strong interest in seeking the seat, which will be filled by Gov. Bill Ritter after U.S. Sen. Ken Salazar was nominated Wednesday to be Obama's Secretary of the Interior.

"I'm one of the few people who has actually won a statewide race," Suthers said to the Post. "I've done well throughout my career in attracting unaffiliated voters. That's the ball game."

Eid told the Post he wants to see who Ritter appoints to the Senate before making a decision.

"I really am going to be looking here at how things shake out," he said to the Post. "This my second time doing statewide public service in a high-intensity environment. As Colorado's chief federal law enforcement officer, I do have a sense of some of the issues that are out there."

No comments:

Post a Comment